History of Tales Of Vesperia
Tales of Vesperia was developed by Namco Tales Studio published by Nmaco Bandai Games for the Xbox360. The title was officially announced on December 17, 2007 at Jump Festa. It was released,finally after being long awaited by the public, on August 7, 2008 in Asia and on August 26, 2008 in North America. They wanted to make sure that the release dates were as close as possible to each other. On June 26, 2009, it was released in Europe making it the second console game in the Tales series to be released there. Tales of Vesperia is apart of a series called the Tales series and this game is the tenth game in this series. The games characteristics genre name is Enforcing One's "Justice" RPG. It is the first game in the series to support high-definition.
This may surprise you just as much as it surprised me, but altogether in this Tales series there are about 29 games in total. Like what? I bet a lot of people liked the series so they just wanted more and more. So much that after Tales of Vesperia, they wanted 19 more games after. I have played this game and after playing about 25-30 minutes of it, I would want more to this series, as well.
The anime of this game was known as Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike. It is a 2009 Japanese animated film by Production I.G. It is directed by Kanta Kamei and written by Reiko Yoshida. The First Strike revolves around the knights, Yuri Lowell and Flynn Scifo, from the Niren Corps as they protect a town from monsters with their allies. This film is a prequel from the game and is the first feature film from the Tales series.Being the first feature film in the series, I would assume people would like to see more of this for the other games as well. I have not seen this film yet, but would not mind watching it. Knowing the plotline of the game and seeing these characters, having a prequel of the two sounds like it could be really good. Yuri is more of a rebellious type and hates the governement while Flynn is the more goody goody of the two who listens, seeing them work together and having Yuri be in the knights makes it so interesting to me. In the game, it brings up Yuri's knighthood, but never goes into full depth of what it was really like for him to be in it. I do not want you to take my word for this next part, but I believe that the reason Yuri stopped being in the knights was because he got kicked out or quit due to his hatefulness of the law growing. Disclaimer: that could be totally wrong so once I watch the film I will get right back to you for an update. In the game, you learn why the government is corrupt so you cannot help, but be on Yuri's side if you are also a more rebellious type. I would have been on his team to rebel and seek justice.


Woah you know a game has got to be good if there are TWENTY NINE in the series. I feel like Yuri's side would be a lot more exciting and rewarding than just following the rules. Have fun seeing the movie whenever you get time!
ReplyDelete--Sarah F